[Zope] Optimisation fun and games

Bakhtiar A Hamid kedai@kedai.com.my
Mon, 20 May 2002 19:12:24 +0800

On Monday 20 May 2002 11:06 am, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> This only helps if your pages are mostly static, or mostly the same for
> each user. Many/most of our pages are highly dynamic, this makes a fron=
> end cache a bit exciting. For RAM caching, we use a whole pile of diffe=
rent
> values as keys - languages, partner, that sort of thing. The sidebar on
> www.ekit.com is ram cached - right now, the ram cache has 320 different
> sidebar entries.

yes - dynamic and personalized pages are a pain.  we havent done that yet=
=2E =20
however, a 5 minute cache age will save zope a few cpu cycles :)

avoid personalizing public pages?  ie - dont include "welcome Mr Foo Bar,=
 etc=20
etc"

> Other things I found that helped (digging into the memory here):
>   avoid dtml-tree. It _seems_ neat, but it's a total time sink.
>   work out which SQL methods are getting hit, and when, and cache
>     them.
>
> Anthony

--=20

=09http://www.kedai.com.my/             http://www.kedai.com.my/eZine
=09http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai    http://www.my-zope.org
=09How can I laugh tomorrow, if i can't even smile today.