[Zope] always anonymous user despite basic authentication

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:08:10 -0400

Pierce, Scott wrote:

>(notice I changed the subject line) Well, thanks to all the advice but
>upgrading to 2.5.1 is still showing 'Anonymous User' though I just
>authenticate via the browser interface.
>
>I could change things around and create the dtml stand-alone but I use
>extensive use of traverse_subpath.  In doing this, for some reason, I lose
>this REQUEST variable.
>
>Scott Pierce
>Sonopress US - Digital Services
>828.658.6157

Hi Scott,

Due to the way Zope does authentication, the AUTHENTICATED_USER is never
checked or set until a security check is required.  Make your folder /
document / application / whatever require the "Authenticated" role and
you should be set.