[Zope] REQUEST

D. Rick Anderson ruger@comnett.net
Wed, 22 May 2002 09:01:41 -0700

I'm trying to insert the REQUEST object into a new DTML document to
record errors on a page. It doesn't seem to like the way I'm doing it
and I can't figure out how to get it to work.

I tried:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('newname', ZopeTime().strftime('%m-%d-%Y-%H-%M'))">
<dtml-call "manage_addDTMLDocument(newname, 'Error', 'REQUEST')">

and I get a Key Error:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: read

I've tried creating the document first, and then using manage_edit to
insert it, and the same thing happens. I really need to dump the REQUEST
object somewhere when there's been an error so I can see what happened.

TIA

Rick