[Zope] Preventing image caching

hans hans@beehive.de
Thu, 23 May 2002 10:32:06 +0100

"Warnes, Gregory R" wrote:

> My Zope application dynamically creates and modifies image files based on
> form input.  I need a way to prevent these images from being improperly
> cached by the user's browser.
> What I would like is to force all images within a certain directory tree to
> return the appropriate header magic to prevent browsers from caching.  Is
> there a clean way to do this?

there was a mailing list discussion abt this some weeks ago,
what it came down to was like appending the image-url with a
unique number (DateTime probably is enough) to prevent
browser caching.
Who's got only a hammer sees the world as a nail
hans augustin  (software developer)           hans@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299