[Zope] MailHost errors

Colin Fox cfox@crystalcherry.com
23 May 2002 10:42:56 -0700

--=-y/bagKN0ZGTy4+o8f/5h

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 01:29, Geir B=E6kholt wrote:
> Hello Colin,=20
<..>
>=20
> Your assumption on acquisition is correct. My guess is that you have been
> bitten by the same issue that tricked me a couple of times earlier :
>=20
> Probably , you just don't have the necessary permissions to
> use/see/acquire the mailhost. Try giving your dtml-method a proxy role
> of manager to check if this is the case , - you can tweak permission
> settings more specifically later , after you isolated this to be the
> problem..

Actually, my script already has the Manager proxy role. I started with
my other (working) script and copied it, which also copied the role
settings.

Another question I had was can I simply call a dtml method as a
function? ie, if I have a dtml method called 'send_some_email', and it
expects to be able to use <dtml-var email_addr>, can I simply call (from
a script):

context.send_some_email(email_addr=3D'someone@yahoo.com')

I can't seem to find docs on calling dtml methods from python scripts.
Lots of stuff about python scripts from dtml methods, though.

Does anyone else find the Zope documentation difficult to find answers
in? The Beazley Python book is organized nicely for answering questions.
It'd be nice to see a similar organization. I seem to spend a lot of
time looking for answers to straightforward questions, like "can I
invoke the MailHost object from a python script? If so, how? How do I
respond to exceptions? What exceptions are thrown, and what are the
parameters that go along with them?"

TIA,
  Colin

--=20
Colin Fox                                       cfox@crystalcherry.com
CF Consulting Inc.                                    GPG Fingerprint:
                    D8F0 84E7 E7CC 5C6C 9982  F1A7 A3EB 6EA3 BC97 572F

--=-y/bagKN0ZGTy4+o8f/5h

--=-y/bagKN0ZGTy4+o8f/5h--