[Zope] site rule fails in upgrade from siteaccess1 to siteaccess2

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 14:21:56

The following setup worked fine with SiteAccess1 but is
no longer working with SiteAccess2 (running on Zope 2.3.3):

In Apache:
----------
<VirtualHost 128.121.113.201>
ServerName www.liuxue51.com
ServerAlias liuxue51.com
ProxyPass / http://128.121.113.201:8080/liuxue/
ProxyPassReverse  / http://128.121.113.201:8080/liuxue/
</VirtualHost>

Zope:
-----
In the subfolder "liuxue", I have a SiteRoot with values :

Base : http://www.liuxue51.com

Testing  :
----------
I put the following into a dtml-method called "testsiteroot" in the
"liuxue" sub-folder :

	URL = <dtml-var URL>

Result :
--------
Point browser to http://www.liuxue51.com/testsiteroot :

	URL = http://128.121.113.201:8080/liuxue/testsiteroot

I had been expecting (or hoping for) "URL = http://www.liuxue51/testsiteroot"

This all used to work fine with SiteRoot1 on older Zope versions.
Unfortunately, this problem is afflicting all my virtual-hosted
sites running on the Zope server. Did I miss something in the upgrade ?

thanks in advance,

chas