[Zope] a win for structured text

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:57:35 +0200

> On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 03:32:47PM +0200, Tom Deprez wrote:
> >
> > I've to look at this, but the problem is that not all the images have
the
> > same size...
> > some are really big and other less (depending on the resolution of the
> > radiographic image)
> > and to make the document still readable and the images still visible,
the
> > radiologist still
> > has to give an image width and height
>
> use ImageMagick's mogrify command and its -geometry argument, e.g.:
>
> $ cp image.jpeg thumbnail.jpeg
> $ mogrify -format jpeg -quality 75 -geometry "150>x150>" thumbnail.jpeg
>
> this will produce a thumbnail in lower quality and which will be at most
> 150x150 pixels. ImageMagick is really good at that, see
>
> http://anocef.unice.fr/atlasneuro/
>
> which was created this way (static site entirely generated from
> a well formatted text document and a bunch of high quality pictures)

Not all images can have the same dimension... some are bigger in width,
others in height
that depends on which fosforplate the radiographer used during examinitation
etc.

> NB : this site was made with Pr. J.M. Brucher from your own university ;-)

Nah, not the same university :-). Don't forget that Belgium has had its
language  fights.
During one of these fights the university split into a french and dutch
part....
Both universities KUL & UCL are completely seperate.
I'm still trying to convince our hospital to jump on  Zope...

Nice to see however.

Regards,
Tom.

ps. I don't care about these language politics, but some still does.