[Zope] folders with same names (newbie question)

Marie Robichon robichon@esrf.fr
Mon, 27 May 2002 09:46:25 +0200

--- In zope@y..., Florent Guillaume <fg@n...> wrote:
 > Marie Robichon  <robichon@e...> wrote:
 > > Within the DTML-mtehod ' javascript' there is a <dtml-with Machine>
 > > statement that may be causing the problem but there is also the closing
 > > /dtml-with tag so I can't see why that should cause problems...

 > If the intent of the 'javascript' method is to get Parameters from the
 > toplevel Machine directory, then you have to be sure that the dtml-with
 > acquires the correct one. As you saw acquisition can get a bit in the
 > way, especially when using HTML.

No the Javascript method contains javascript for drop-down menus.  I use a
dtml-with to get the absolute url from the top level Machine folder, then
from the subfolders (of which Parameters is one).  These dtml-withs are
then correctly closed.

However the absolute url that the initial tree widget generated was
mysite/About/GuidedTour/Machine, but this fails, since somehow Zope get its
knickers in a twist (if you see what I mean ;-))

 > Can you not simply rename the toplevel Machine to something else ?
 > Or else try a hack like <dtml-with "About.aq_parent.Machine"> (untested)
 > but I'd really rename the whole thing.

I don't think remaning the folders should be the solution, since I'm sure
that under another section (Beamlines for example) our editors will want to
put a ' handbook' folder under beamline1, beamine2 etc.

Is there any way to 'fix' the namespace of the tree widget? See below

     <dtml-tree treeobject branches="tpValues" sort="treesort">

          <dtml-if "_.getitem(thisdocument,1)!=_.getitem(id,1)">
            <dtml-if tree-item-expanded>
              <dtml-var darrowo>
            <dtml-else>
              <dtml-var rarrowo>
            </dtml-if>
expr="absolute_url(relative=0)">" style="text-decoration:none"><dtml-var
name="title_or_id"></a></span>
         <dtml-else>
           <dtml-var rarrowb>&nbsp;<span
class="treemnulnk"><strong><dtml-var name="title_or_id">   </strong></span>
         </dtml-if>
       </dtml-tree>

TIA

Marie Robichon