[Zope] May be a problem with ZClass

Tim Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:32:48 -0500

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:32:23PM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:

> This can happen when you import and export ZClasses (not ZClass-based
> products, but actual ZClasses).  There is a subtle bug in the ZClass
> registry code that can cause instances to refer to an older class
> definition.

Presumably, this is the source of the problem I've been seeing where I
can't view the 'Advanced' tab of any of my ZSQL methods. I get the
following:

 Error Type: SystemError
 Error Value: Failed to import class _ZClass_for_ZPhotoAlbum from module
 Products.Photo

I had the old ZPhotoAlbum ZClass-based product installed ages ago.

> workaround is to export all of your ZClass-based products as well as all
> the objects in your root folder and start with a fresh Data.fs,
> reimporting everything as necessary.

Ouch. Sounds painful. You're saying each folder, method, script, etc. in
the root folder would have to be exported separately?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com