[Zope] system requirements

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 10:52:17 -0400

for real scalability i would suggest the following:

- plan on having separate boxes from day 1:
	- ZEO server
	- 1-* appservers
	- 1-2 cache servers
	- database server

sending lots of mail out of zope is not a good idea if you don't have a
solution that uncouples the mailing process from zope itself. your users
will be waiting forever if you use the standard built-in mail handling.

caching is very important but it is not possible if your content is
super-personalized.

jens