[Zope] Replacing default Python with ActiveState 2.1.3

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:21:47 -0400

[Jens Vagelpohl]

> if you don't have some pressing need for running perl through zope then i
> doubt this avenue is worth pursuing.
>
> jens
>

> On Wednesday, May 29, 2002, at 12:58 , hpinson@indepthl.com wrote:
>
> > Hi all.  I arrived at the same solution (i think) in a different way.
> > Using the Zope Windows Controller, you can redefine the path to
> > your python.  My assumption is this is all that needs changing.   Is
> > this assumption correct?
> >
> > I also changed it in the "start.bat"

Zope expects (needs) to find certain files in its directory tree.  When it
starts, it tries to fix up the system paths to do this.  However, this may
not succeed if the python interpreter is running from a different subtree.
Or you may get a mixture whereby the interpreter runs some files from one
tree, and some from another.

One approach would be to copy the ActiveState files to appropriate locations
in the Zope tree, assuming that they are both the same versions, like 2.1.3.
Another would be to check the python path your hacked installation is using,
and, if it's missing some Zope locations (compare it to a standard Zope
installation by running Zope using its own interpreter, add them to the path
using a .pth file.

One of these approaches is likely to work.

Cheers,

Tom P