[Zope] Zpatterns / SmartObjects

ra@burningman.com ra@burningman.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 23:19:05 -0700

Steve Spicklemire wrote:
> Strange! I've been using TransactionAgents/LoginManager with Zope-2.5.x
> a lot!

Really!?  That's great news...

> What problems do you see?

Well, there are two major problems I've experienced.  The first is a
trouble w/ VirtualHostBase, using an Apache/ProxyPass setup that works
fine w/ several other 2.3.X and 2.4.X versions.  It involves an Apache
VirtualHost resolving to a one-below-the-root folder in Zope which is
authenticated via a LoginManager.  When I try it w/ 2.5.1, I get the
login screen, but then, regardless of whether or not I authenticate
correctly, I get a strange set of nested site errors.  There's one
'NotFound' error, and in the place where the error's text message should
be, there's ANOTHER site error that says 'Resource Not Found'.  And
looking at the URL, I see that it looks like so:

https://www.blackrockcity.org/VirtualHostBase/https/www.blackrockcity.org:443/brc/VirtualHostRoot/

instead of merely "https://www.blackrockcity.org/".  Note that I can
replace my 2.5.1 install w/ a 2.4.4 install that is identical in all
other ways, and it will work.

The other problem I have is that a SkinScript that is in my UserSource
can't seem to find a ZSQL method that lives directly above it.  I have a
method called "SQL_findMember" in the LoginManager proper (i.e. the
acl_users folder).  In the "member_storage" SkinScript that is in the
UserSource, I have the following line:

WITH QUERY SQL_findMember(member_name=self.id) COMPUTE
     member_id, member_name, password, is_active, is_passwd_bad

When I try to authenticate, though, it is unsuccessful, and the
STUPID_ZOPE_LOG shows the following error:

---------------
2002-05-30T06:09:28 PROBLEM(100) ZPatterns Error computing attribute
member_name
Traceback (innermost last):
   File
/usr/home/zope/src/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPatterns/AttributeProviders.py,
line 302, in _AttributeFor
     (Object: member_storage, line 1)
   File
/usr/home/zope/src/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPatterns/Expressions.py,
line 123, in eval
   File /usr/home/zope/src/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,
line 231, in eval
     (Object: SQL_findMember ( member_name = self . id  ))
     (Info: self)
   File <string>, line 2, in f
NameError: global name 'SQL_findMember' is not defined

Any help resolving these issues would be HUGELY appreciated.  There's so
little ZPatterns discussion anymore (and generally silence on the list
whenever anyone asks about it) that I had just assumed it was a wash...

-r