[Zope] Is Zope 3 being developed for programmers only?

Dan L. Pierson dan@control.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:11:00 -0400

If you're writing logic in DTML then you're programming.  Limiting
your programming to a language that is very poorly designed for the
task (logic instead of presentation) will not help either your
results or the development of your programming skills.

Python is actually a very easy language to learn -- one of the best
around for beginners.  I strongly suggest that you start writing a
few Python Scripts for logic tasks that you're now doing in DTML and
calling them from DTML or ZPT.

--On Thursday, May 30, 2002 08:26:22 PM +1000 Jan Smith