[Zope] Easy my *$%&#@$%!

Frank Tegtmeyer fte-sub-zope@fte.to
31 May 2002 10:07:08 +0200

John Schinnerer <johnschinnerer@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'm sure it'll get better for me.

I come from C/Perl and had problems with Python too - some things that
were simple in Perl by using well known idioms had to be expressed very
noisy and explicit.

Using Python for a year now I shudder when I see some Perl code I made
before - not because it's bad code but because it's not easy to
understand for a person not using Perl every day.

The same _may_ happen with Python but because the number of idioms is
much less in Python than in Perl it's more unlikely.

Like Chris said - you will be glad for using Python when you have to
maintain code written some months ago.

Regards, Frank