[Zope] Easy my *$%&#@$%!

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 19:59:36 +0300

 >From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@mitretek.org>
 >To: "zope list" <zope@zope.org>
 >Subject: Re: [Zope] Easy my  *$%&#@$%!
 >Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:30:13 -0400
 >
 >For me, Python works about the same as I would write pseudocode, so
I >found
 >it really easy to get started with.  More advanced features like >lambda
 >expressions and list comprehensions are harder to grasp, but you
 >don't have to use them yourself.

Yep. My experiences are some sort of similar. I have played more than
a year now with Zope and possibly half a year with Python. Python was
never that much the problem -- it took some time to realise what is
shared and when an object is actually copied etc.

Zope itself standed a more mysterious piece of work for longer. Then
suddenly the source code - or atleast parts of it - started to make
sense. Python structures made sense, and after that things started to
click into their places.

There are still things that in Python bite into my anckle from time to
time, but I feel that I am learning -- and for most of time my job is
not to code that much in Python, but to do scripts that utilize the
best parts of other peoples' great modules or products.

And yes. I do love Zope.

-huima