[Zope] Open an object

G F gscotfleming@yahoo.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:03:16 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to zope and although I have done some python
programming over the past few years, I am having some
trouble.

I am trying to make a simple little web calendar. The
first page that I of the calendar is a list of dates
that come from a bunch of DTML Documents in a folder
called 'events'. Each DTML Document is an event. To do
this I use something like:

<ul>
<dtml-in expr="events.objectValues()">
  <li><a href="calendarItem?cal_id=<dtml-var
id>"><dtml-var date></a>
</dtml-in>
</ul>

This makes a list of dates that are linked to a DTML
Method 'calendarItem'. I pass the variable cal_id to
'calendarItem' so it can display more information
about the date.

How do i use the variable 'calendarItem' to open the
DTML Document into an HTML page?

I tried:

<dtml-in expr="events.objectValues('DTML Document')">
  <dtml-if expr="id == cal_id">
   <dtml-var date><br>
   <dtml-var title><p>
   <dtml-var sequence-item>

  </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

But for some reason that did not work. It seams that
even if it did work there would be a better way.

Thank you.
Gary