[Zope] Zope Engineer position available

Jason Abate jason@hostway.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:33:43 -0600

I hope everyone will excuse a job listing here but given the focused
nature of our search, I thought this might be the best place to find a
good fit.  If you're a skilled Zopista and want to work with Zope
professionally, please consider Hostway!

Send resumes to careers@hostway.com or fax to 312-236-1958 and please
include reference code #329 in your cover letter.

Thanks,

-jason

--
Jason Abate
Director of Research and Development

Hostway Corporation provides web hosting services with locations in the
US, Europe, and Asia. We are growing rapidly and have been profitable
every year since our founding. Our strong emphasis on technology
combined with our dedicated, energetic, and customer-focused team has
made Hostway a premier Internet company.

Hostway is looking for a Zope Engineer to join our Systems and R&D
groups who would be responsible for the content management systems that
drive our corporate website, intranet, and other Zope deployments.  The
main function of the position is to provide research, development, and
system support for enterprise-level CMF portal applications.  You will
work closely with our Creative Services group which develops the content
of our website.  Responsibilities include design and management of the
website and underlying system architecture, client-side programming to
add dynamic behavior to our site, server side programming and further
Zope and CMF developments.

This is a high-profile position, which requires an individual with
excellent communication skills, the ability to work extended hours on
occasion, to be on-call 24/7, and a self-motivated work ethic.  Our
Zope/CMF applications are mission-critical, and requirements change is
directly proportionate to the rapid rate of growth of our company.

Qualifications:

     * Experience in web application development working with server-side
       technologies such as ASP, JSP/Servlets, Cold Fusion, J2EE.
     * Solid client-side JavaScript, DHTML and CSS authoring skills and
       experience organizing and managing large scale websites.
     * Software development experience using Python, in particular with
       web-related technologies.
     * Extensive experience with Zope, including working knowledge of
       DTML/ZPT, ZMI, ZEO and CMF.
     * Working knowledge of SQL databases.
     * Experience administering Linux (or other Unix) and Apache in a
       production environment, in particular using virtual hosting,
       caching servers and load balancing.
     * Strong communication and organization skills.
     * BS or higher degree in computer science or related field.