[Zope] How to log out?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:52:24 +0100

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > ... Cookie Crumbler ...
 > It appears that "Auto-login page ID"
 > and "Logout page ID" are the names of pages I should create.  The problem
 > is, what goes into them?
The "Login" page defines the form used as login dialog.
It must define the "name" and "password" fields whose name are
defined above (the default being "__ac_name" and "__ac_password").

The "Logout" page is something that tells the user "you now have been
logged out.

 > If I visit the logout page are the cookies related
 > to my login automatically deleted?
Not, when you visit your logout page but when you call the Cookie Crumblers
"logout" method.

 > Do I create a form in my login page
 > which prompts for __ac_name and __ac_password?
Yes.
 > If so, what's the action?
Anything which exists.

Usually, you will pass a "where_I_came_from" as a hidden variable
form your "login_form" and make a redirect their.

Please look at the example that comes with CMF or Plone.

Dieter