[Zope] Data.fs falls into 33GB hole

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:41:04 +0100

Hi,

if I get the theory right it worked like expected:
even the memory usage can not be much more then the
resulting Data.fs - which we could expect would not
be more then 360MB. That is, during the packing process,
ZODB goes from top to bottom of the Data.fs, locating
any object and keep it say... in a list. Every further
occurence of the object lets ZODB skip over it because
the most recent version of the object must have been
on top and is in the list already.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

--On Freitag, 15. November 2002 00:40 -0800 Howard Hansen