[Zope] Product Refresh clears Persistent attributes

John Ziniti jziniti@speakeasy.org
15 Nov 2002 11:47:10 -0500

This is something which has "Just Worked" for me in
the past as I have developed Python Products.  But
now I am stumped.

I have two Products.

Product #1 is a:
(Persistent, ObjectManager, PropertyManager, Implicit, Item)
and contains other objects of type:
(ObjectManager, Implicit, Item)

Product #2 is a:
(Persistent, RoleManager, ObjectManager, PropertyManager, Implicit,
Item)
which contains objects:
(RoleManager, PropertyManager, Implicit, Item)

The two __init__.py files are nearly identical

Attributes (strings, etc.) on contained objects in Product #1 are
persistent across Product refreshes, while attributes of
contained objects in Product #2 are all flushed on Product
reload.

The only differences I can see at this point are the
base classes, and the fact that Product #1 does not
directly store it's sub-objects, but contains a folder
which contains the objects.  Should that make a difference
here?  What's going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

John Ziniti