[Zope] Size of a zope export

Dylan Jay djay@avaya.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:21:21 +1100

I experiencing some unexpected behaviour when performing an export. I'm
trying to minimize the size of the export by removing a lot of data that
isn't needed. I delete a few thousand objects and call
manage_catalogClear(). However, since I still want to keep this data I put
all this code in a python script and raise an exception directly after
performing the export. This roles back the transaction so all the data is
still retained. The problem is that the zexp file is the same size as if I
hadn't deleted anything!
Anyone know why this would be or another way to export a subsection of
objects rather than the whole lot?