[Zope] ZCatalog: Huge Problems recataloging an item

Timm Gebhart t.gebhart@meavista.de
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:17:44 +0100

Am Freitag 15 November 2002 21:00 schrieb Dieter Maurer:
> Timm Gebhart writes:
>  > I seem to have a problem with CatalogAware Classes and index_object:
>  > Method code is as follows:
>  > <html><body>
>  > <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('active', 1)">
>  > <dtml-with "content[pic]" only>
>  >   <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
>  >   <dtml-call reindex_object>
>  > ...
>  > which is getting called from a form outside the management interface=
>  > update a catalogued item's properties.
>  > But it does not!
>  >
>  > Though the object has now the new values, the ZCatalog entry is not
>  > updated, and the DTML method returns without showing any errors.
>
> You are sure that "content[pic]" is "CatalogAware"?
yup. gets indexed when added, I only get these problems when reindexing.
When I put some debugging output in the CatalogAware, ZCatalog and Catalo=
g=20
code, this showed me that everything is getting called correctly, with th=
e=20
correct Object to catalogue, at least as far as Catalog's catalogObject()=
=20
method.

> You are sure that your catalog has id "Catalog"?
yup. Weeeell... actually is has id "catalog" but I changed this in the=20
CatalogAware code, too. I already tried reverting these changes, but to n=
o=20
avail.
I also tried calling ZCatalog.catalog_object() directly, this already wor=
ked=20
before, but still the object won't recatalogue.

Puzzled,
tmM

--=20
Nobody writes jokes in base 13.