[Zope] parameters from dtml to python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:38:04 +0100

Jorg E. R=F8dsj=F8 writes:
 > I have an external method(python):
 >=20
 > def makePhoneList(searchString, *sortBy):
 >=20
 > Then I want to be able to call it in a dtml-document like so (wrong, I
 > know, but to illustrate what I am looing for).
 >=20
 > <dtml-in expr=3D"makePhoneList(searchString=3D'foo', '<dtml-var sortBy=
1>', '<dtml-var sortBy2>')">
 >=20
 > The sortBy1 and sortBy2 are variables in the DTML-document.

   <dtml-in expr=3D"makePhoneList(searchString=3D'foo',  sortBy1, sortBy2=
)">

will be fine.
=20
 > But I am having problems with the arguments. Possibly due to the fact =
that
 > my function specifies *sortBy as a list of parameters.
Probably not.

   "*sortBy" in your function definition accepts a (potentially empty)
   sequence of values.

   "sortBy" is a tuple in your function.

 > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You, probably, should think about some background reading (Zope Book,
Python documentation).

Dieter