[Zope] StructuredText not doing punctuation properly

Ramachandran Sreeram gro.mareers@sreeram.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:11:52 +0800

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Hi,

STX doesn't do punctuation properly.

When given text like this: this is a "link":something. that
STX is supposed to give:   this is a <a href=3D"something">link<a>. that
But, I get:                this is a <a href=3D"something.">link</a> that

This happens with all punctuation (period, comma, etc.)

Mine is a stock Python 2.1 + Zope 2.6.0 installation (on Debian 3.0 tracking
"testing").

I have checked the sources under lib/python/StructuredText and they seem to
be using the correct regexes.

I also ran the regression tests and they all passed. In particular, the
"HTML regression test" passed without any problems.

However, when I render a document on the actual Zope instance, I get the
above problem.

Any ideas on how to fix them?

- Is it something to do with the regex libraries (either python libraries
  or system regex libraries)?

- Is it something to do with what classes (or types) of the StructuredText
  module are being used in a "Document"?

- Has anyone else experienced this?

There are a couple of other problems also:

- STX doesn't strip the indentation from code samples. I.e., after a
  paragraph which ends with "::", I have a code sample. The code sample has
  to be indented deeper than the preceding paragraph for it to be
  recognized. But, when rendering, the indentation is preserved, causing all
  the lines of the code to be deeply indented. I thought it was supposed to
  strip the leading whitespace (atleast upto the minimum indentation).

- Tables are formed like so:
     |---|
     |a|b|
  Whereas, the documentation says, we must use "||" (which doesn't work).

Thanks!
Sreeram.

--=20
[http://sreeram.org/cookies.php]
mittsquinter, adj:
	A ballplayer who looks into his glove after missing the ball, as
	if, somehow, the cause of the error lies there.
		-- "Sniglets", Rich Hall & Friends

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--