[Zope] ZEXP woes with INSTANCE_HOME'd sites

GIMSPOP elabuschagne@gims.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:52:07 +0200

Hi Chris,

The traceback is for my productions site.  Channel is a skin I have added.
The exportation of this production site is what I want to accomplish in the
end.

However, as stated in one of the previous letters I have done the following
test to ensure that there isn't something strange with one of my current
Zope installations.

The test I have done is to install two "fresh" Zopes (same Zope, same CMF,
no other add-ons) on the same machine.  Instance home the one Zope, leave
the other one as is.  Create a new CMF site from scratch in Zope1. Export it
from Zope1, import it into Zope2.  (I also did this the other way around).
In both cases, the import shows broken Portal Folder icons and the site does
not render.  Only in my production site's case do I get the traceback.  The
fresh install test also does not work - it doesn't show a traceback, but
just doesn't render - instead I get the  standard Zope intro page.  As if
the portal does not have a default document.

The above test shows me that either I am doing something wrong with the
instance home setup, or there is a bug when exporting/importing CMF sites
between instance home and non-instance home Zopes.

It's a pain, but it would be great is someone else could test this (install
two Zopes with CMF, make one instance home, create CMF site, export, import,
see if it works) and see if they get the same problem.

Regards Etienne

>Chris Wrote
---------------

Hi Etienne,

Etienne Labuschagne wrote:
>   Module Script (Python), line 4, in index_html
>    - <PythonScript at /Channel/index_html>

I don't remember standard CMF sites having a skin layer called 'Channel',
are
you using Plone perhaps?

>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 48, in __call__
>    - __traceback_info__: here.truncID( here.getId(), size=15 )
>   Module Python expression "here.truncID( here.getId(), size=15 )", line
> 2, in f
> AttributeError: truncID

This doesn't look like the kind of error that happens if you have identical
setups on both Zope instances.

Are you sure you're running the same versions of Zope/CMF/Plone on both
servers?

cheers,

Chris

PS: You're emitting HTML again, please stop ;-)