[Zope] Zope Training Announcement

Zope Corporation Training training@zope.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:00:03 -0500

Zope Training -- A Technical Introduction

Zope Corporation will hold the first public session of 2003
this January 27-30 at our headquarters in Fredericksburg,
VA. This four day course will familiarize students with Zope
software from introductory through advanced topics. We will
demonstrate the flexibility and effectiveness of Zope as an
Open Source web development and content management
environment. We will also explore Zope architecture and
provide hands-on exercises using Zope to develop and manage
a robust web site.

Attendees will have several opportunities to meet with
Zope's engineering teams as well as share ideas over lunch
with Jim Fulton (CTO) and Guido van Rossum (Director of
PythonLabs).

Course Objectives: After completing this course students
will understand:

   - Zope's use of objects, methods, etc.

   - Zope's Management Interface.

   - Zope's server-side scripting language (DTML).

   - Page Templates.

   - Web site content creation and management.

   - Web site security through user privileges and roles.

   - Using Zope to integrate web sites with existing +
     relational databases.

   - Downloading/installing a Zope Product.

   - Introduction to CMF.

The course is intended for those interested in using a
full-featured open source environment to develop and manage
robust corporate internet or intranet web sites. This
includes web site designers, content creators, content
managers and web developers. Participants should be familiar
with HTML and basic web architecture (e.g., how a web server
and web browser work together). Knowledge of object-oriented
concepts and SQL is recommended.

For more detailed information about the course, including
pricing, travel and accommodations, please go to our website
www.zope.com.

Sincerely,
Rob