[Zope] dtml-try... again?

Ken firerooster@netscape.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:31:57 +0100 (CET)

I have pages using the dynamic kebas_data technique described in the howto accompanying this very cool product.

Occasionally (maybe 2%) I am getting Key Errors for reasons I am trying to figure out. I think the error is due to the dynamic thingy being not too robust when many requests hit simultaneously. There may even be no solution.

The good news is that requesting the page a second time always works. The site is in production, so until I figure out how to fix the errors I thought of using something like this:

<dtml-try>
<dtml-var "mykebas.view()">
<dtml-except KeyError>
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(URL)">
</dtml-try>

Something tells me this is asking for trouble even if the error never repeats itself.

Apart from rooting out the error, what would be the correct way to handle this?

Thanks!