[Zope] [ZSyncer] Dest.host in LAN, howto address?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:07:29 +0100

Florian Konnertz writes:
 > I want to download resp. sychronize my zwiki from an real internet
 > server at my friend's company. I started with ZSyncer because i think
 > it's good for all other synchronizing tasks too. It works easy and
 > without probs at home ie. between notebook and my home box.
 > My home box is behind another linux box as a gateway, (no firewall),
 > this one dials in by pppd.
Does your home box has an official internet address?

If not, it is not directly reachable from the internet
and you need a forwarder on your gateway.

You may use Shane's "TCPWath" as such a forwarder (so not too
efficient, but readily available).
Run it on your gateway. Let it listen on some port and forward
to your Zope.

Then you must only address your gateway, which hopefully has
an official although maybe dynamic IP address.

If not, you need to do it the other way round, ZSyncer reverse,
so to say.
The infrastructure is there, but you need to adapt ZSyncer for
this use case.

Dieter