AW: AW: [Zope] Bug in FileDirectoryView with INSTANCE_HOME on win?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:13:26 +0100

Projekt01, Roger Ineichen writes:
 > Pherhaps I mixed somthing, but I belive the concept don't works in the
 > right way on windows.
 >
 > First one question, after I explain more about my problem step by step.
 > I tried since a couple of weeks to explain my proplem and nobody
 > understand my way.
 > All the products and *_HOME path's work well, but I think the concept
 > isn't well for to develope and test on windows.
 >
 > Witch data.fs is using form zope if I set INSTANCE_HOME ?
 > The INSTANCE_HOME/var/data.fs ?
 > I'm right? Or is there a way to use the
 > C:\..\zopeInstallation\var\data.fs with INSTANCE_HOME?
I may have an easy work around:

  Use "CLIENT_HOME" to locate "data.fs".

  This will currently not work, but it is a very simple change.
  It would be in "Zope/__init__.py". You would replace
  "Globals.data_dir" by "CLIENT_HOME".

  Be careful, PID's, logs and similar things are located, too,
  by means of "CLIENT_HOME".
  If this is a problem, choose a different environment variable.

Dieter