[Zope] External Editor Glitch with Galeon Only

Damon Butler damon@hddesign.com
22 Nov 2002 14:16:34 -0600

So, I'm running FreeBSD 4.7, connecting to the management interface of a
Zope server through the Galeon 1.2.6, Mozilla 1.1, and Opera 6.1
browsers. I've installed the External Editor script on my system, and
have no trouble clicking the External Editor icon next to the file in
Zope I wish to edit and have it open in gvim.

However, *every* time I try this in Galeon, I also get an error dialog
as the file is opened:

"FATAL ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/<name_of_file>'"

This does not affect my ability to edit and save changes to the file,
but it happens Each And Every Time. Very annoying, especially since it
DOESN'T happen with Mozilla or Opera. (I should also add that until this
week I was using the exact same browsers on Red Hat 8.0, and never got
this error message with any of them; not even Galeon.)

Does anybody know what the heck is happening here? I would like this
annoyance to go away, as Galeon is my favorite browser by a mile.

--Damon