[Zope] variables between page templates

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:09:16 -0000

| Odes=EDlatel: Blurg <blurg@gluipzak.nl>
| How can I keep variables around between page templates? I have a site o=
| which I need to make a language choice (this choice is made on the
| index_html), then I need to set a var with language=3D'english' for
example.
| When clicked on this English flag, I arrive at a menu, which need to se=
| another var (the type of product) when I choose on of the products on a
| list. Then I will get a product list, but this new document needs to kn=
ow
| about the chosen language and the type of product I chose.
| How am I supposed to handle these 'messages' between page templates?

I know, it is non-zope solution. I was developed that method before my jo=
in
with Zope.

Hidden frame, formfield in it and javascript from actual page looks for
values in hidden frame form and do sone action.

You could put anticookie message like "We respect your privacy: Our site
does not use any cookies."

Regards JL.