[Zope] [LDAP] Does LDAPUserFolder work with Zope 2.6.0?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:34:14 -0500

On 25 Nov 2002 at 17:07, Colin Sampaleanu wrote:

> Unfortunately I am not running LDAP on the same machine. I did consider the
> fact that perhaps this was the same issue, but the machine appears
> responsive otherwise. What is interesting is that after about 10 minutes it
> _does_ come back, saying that the user/credentials are not value. So
> LDAPUserFolder does not necessarilly think it has a problem, it just thinks
> there is an authenticaiton issue. Of course I would say if it takes 10
> minutes there is a sever problem somewhere, never mind the fact that the
> authentication should work..

Sounds like there is a firewall between the two systems, configured to drop packets
rather than generate an ICMP port unreachable response.

ipchains in the way?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements