[Zope] MailHost from 2.5.1 does not work in 2.6.0, was: Script from 2.5.1 does not work with 2.6.0

Clemens Robbenhaar zope@zope.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:45:43 +0100

FCC: /home/clemens/Mail/outgoing
--text follows this line--

> From: "Jan Ulrich Hasecke" <janulrich.hasecke@web.de>
> > Module Products.MailHost.MailHost, line 144, in _send
> > Module smtplib, line 187, in __init__
> > Module smtplib, line 222, in connect
> > TypeError: an integer is required
>
> Your smtp-port is stored as a string. Update the MailHost settings once and
> it should be changed to an integer.

 ... this problem actually affects _all_ MailHost instances when upgrading
from Zope2.5.1 (or earlier) to 2.6.0, as in 2.5.1 the smtp-port has been
stored as a string, but is now stored as int in 2.6.0

 I guessed a little hint about this incompatibility in the release notes
would have been nice, but I can find nothing in this regard.
 There is a hint in the doc/CHANGES.txt, that the MailHost has been
improved with respect to sending a date header now, but the type
change is not mentioned there.

 Did I miss some place to look at, or should the release notes possibly
be improved with respect to this?

Cheers,
Clemens