[Zope] Acquisition breaking my tal:attributes="href ..." (I think)

Clemens Robbenhaar zope@zope.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:47:17 +0100

Jon Whitener writes:
 > How can I circumvent this apparent effect of aquisition?
 >
 > I have a Zope Page Template like so (for a cable TV company Website):
 >

 > 1 <ul tal:repeat=
 > 2 "package python:root.services.digital_tv.packages.objectValues('Cable Package')">
 > 3  <li><a href="HREF"
 > 4  tal:attributes="href package/feature_list/absolute_url"
 > 5  tal:content="package/title_or_id">PACKAGE TITLE OR ID</a>
 > 6  </li>
 > 7 </ul>
 >

 > 'Cable Package' is a very simple folderish ObjectManager ZClass.
 >
 > My only problem is in line 4.  Because all the Cable Package objects acquire the "feature_list" ZPT object from their common parent directory ("packages"), absolute_url resolves to the following in every iteration:
 >
 >   ~/services/digital_tv/packages/feature_list

Hm, a first try: it seems your 'Cable Package" objects do not contain a
'feature_list' object, which explains why the page template is acquired.

 If You want to call the page template on these objects, thus their
attributes are in the acquisition path of the 'feature_list', You may
want to append 'feature_list' by hand to the url, e.g.:

 4a  tal:attributes="href python:package.absolute_url()+'/feature_list'"

or

 4b  tal:attributes="href python:'%s/feature_list' % package.absolute_url()"

Would this help, or did I misunderstood the problem?

cheers,
clemens