[Zope] Zope-2.6 acquisition problem

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
28 Nov 2002 15:31:34 +0100

  Hi,

I'm building a web site using Zope-2.6.
I created several new "folder like" products with new properties and
methods, which hinerit from SimpleItem, PropertyManager and
ObjectManager.
My problem is simple :
 1. I put an image in a folder, with name "logo" => OK
 2. I put a different image in a subfolder, with name "toto" => OK
 3. I rename the second image to "logo" => ERROR: when downloading the
image, I get the image from the parent folder !!!
 4. I rename the second image to "toto" => OK, I retrieve the original
image...
(and it's the same problem if I directly create an image called "logo"
in the subfolder).

I think that this is in complete contradiction with Zope acquisition
principles, so I suppose that I missed something...

Any idea will be greatly welcome...

Thanks,

  Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net