[Zope] Re: silva, xmlwidgets, parsedxml

garry saddington garry@joydiv.fsnet.co.uk
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:59:19 +0000

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 21:02, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Passin, Tom wrote at 2003-4-14 14:34 -0400:
>  > > I still cannot get these to work even though i have the latest pyX=
ML
>  > > installed. The error message is:
>  > >
>  > > 'can't import name expat'
>  > >
>  > > Do you have to copy any of the filesystem python components
>  > > into the zope
>  > > install? Has anyone else had this problem?
>  >
>  > The install of PyXML normally goes into the regular Python installat=
ion,
>  > not Zope's.  Although not everyone agrees, I think it is easiest jus=
t to
>  > copy the PyXML stuff into the Zope installation.
>  >
>  > PyXML uses some tricks to integrate its XML paths into Python's (so =
that
>  > it can replace the standard Python xml libraries) but basically you =
are
>  > looking for the "_xmlplus" directory tree.
>
> When I remember right, "PyXML" supports distutils.
>
> Then, the only thing you must case for is to call "setup.py"
> with the correct Python...
>

> Dieter

I've finally sorted this out. I called setup.py with the zope python and =
it=20
installed the pyXML into /zope/lib/python2.1/site-packages which mirrors =
what=20
it does when installed into the normal filesystem. This still did not wor=
k!=20
Renaming the _xmlplus directory to xml as indicated by some of the python=
=20
scripts in parsedXML  did not work, but when the whole directory (as 'xml=
')=20
was copied to /zope/lib/python (in the same directory as Products) it wor=
ked.=20
The installation instructions for all the products that rely on pyXML onl=
y=20
say that it needs to be installed, they do not specify how! Do we need a =
how=20
to for this?
regards
garry