[Zope] Re: plone "vs." CMF was ... uPortal??

Tim Lynch lynch@gould.mannlib.cornell.edu
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:17:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Andy McKay wrote:

> > Quite. I don't know much/enough about the CMF but I'm sure this
> > is all do-able. But if uPortal have already invented that wheel ....
>
> This is somewhere in the list of things to do (i've already done it as a
> prototype at aspn.activestate.com), I've never thought it that useful or
> used it myself on sites that do serve it. Do you think its that useful?

I used it on aspn.  I really liked your prototype, Andy.

Looking at this question from a slightly different perspective, how hard
would it be to build this functionality into CMF or Plone?  I've just
started seriously working with the CMF system and can only say I don't
know enough to answer this question myself.

If it turns out to be not that hard, then it seems to me like a definite
win to offer this sort of functionality.

- Tim Lynch
  tlynch@nal.usda.gov
  www.agnic.org