[Zope] adding ZClass with python script problem

Tom Germaine tgermaine@upei.ca
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:38:18 -0300

Hi All,

I have a ZClass object that I would like to instantiate using an upload
form and a python script.  The ZClass object is subclassed from
CatalogAware and DTMLDocument.  My upload form has 3 fields -
file=myfile, id=ident, title=mytitle:

<form action="uploadActionScript" method="post"
enctype="multipart/form-data">
size="70"></p>
type="text" name="mytitle" size="70"></p>
<input type="submit">
</form>

and the python script to instantiate the object:
client=context.myfolder
getattr(client.manage_addProduct['MyProduct'], \
       'MyZClass').createInObjectManager(ident,context.REQUEST)
This does add an instance of my ZClass to myfolder, with id of ident
but without content and title.  I tried

getattr(client.manage_addProduct['MyProduct'], \
       'MyZClass').createInObjectManager(ident, myfile, \
               mytitle, context.REQUEST)

 and

     propertysheets.MyZClass.manage_editProperties \
               ({'file':myfile,'title':mytitle},context.REQUEST)

but these fail too.
How should I go about including the contents and title of my upload
file into my new ZClass object?

Tom Germaine

Tom Germaine
System Administrator