[Zope] Plone Newbie Seeks Help

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:50:33 -0700

> How should I be creating a list of Plone Folders? And have I created them
in
> the correct place?

Plone uses page templates, not DTML. If you are comfortable with DTML then
the standard CMF uses DTML (btw your code wont work anyway).

The concept of the CMF and Plone is that you create content through the user
interface of the CMF, not the ZMI. If you create folders and objects this
way in Plone, the navigation is done for you.

> Will I be able to install Plone on either of these hosts,
> or are there other free hosts that I could use?

You would have to ask them, I currently know of no free host that uses
Plone.

I would ask if Plone is something you really need, perhaps standard Zope
will be enough for you?
--
  Andy McKay
  www.agmweb.ca