[Zope] Is Anyone Listening?? Port 8021 Isn't!

beno zope@thewebsons.com
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:17:13 -0400

At 04:57 PM 10/2/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>8021 is the ftp port, right?  I think the default start script does not
>start a ftpd on 8021.  Take a look at your start script. Here's the
>standard line "out of the box":
>
>exec $INST_HOME/bin/python $INST_HOME/z2.py -D "$@"
>
>or something to that effect.  Change it to:
>
>exec $INST_HOME/bin/python $INST_HOME/z2.py -D -f 8021 -w 8080 "$@"

I edited the *start* script thus:

#! /bin/sh
reldir=`dirname $0`
INST_HOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
export INST_HOME
exec /usr/local/bin/python \
   $INST_HOME/z2.py -D -f8021 -w8080 "$@"

Nonetheless, port 8021 wasn't functioning upon reboot of Zope. (Strangely,
*netstat -n -a* didn't show port 8080, either, although I could surf to
Zope.) Would you mind explaining what the "$@" does? I can translate the
shell script, but I don't understand what you're doing.

>you can get rid of the '-D' if you want zope to detach from the terminal
>and run in the background.  Error msgs are logged in var/Z2.log

I couldn't find any error log by that name anywhere in my Zope
installation. Does it only create itself if there is an error to log?
TIA,
beno