[Zope] Redhat 8.0 and Zope

Adam Manock abmanock@earthlink.net
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:11:14 -0400

At 03:06 AM 10/3/02, Stephan Goeldi wrote:
>With the release of RedHat 8.0, a lot of good things have changed, with the
>manner in which they have dropped old legacy versions of Python 1.x, Perl
>3.x and other OLD script sets.  In addition, mod_python is now (supposedly)
>working correctly as an integrated module for Apache 2+.
>
>Will it be difficult to get a working Zope/mod_python duo? Is it possible at
>all?

On RH 7.x python 1.5.x is the binary "python" python 2.1.3
installs as "python2.1" and python 2.2 installs as "python2"

I guess on RH 8.0 python 2.1.3 will still be "python2.1",
python 2.2 will be "python", "python 2.2" and "python2" :-0

Zope and mod_python shouldn't be a problem. They should
co-exist peacefully using two different versions of python
that are also co-existing peacefully on the same machine :-)

Adam