[Zope] EasyPublisher not being recognized

Johan Carlsson [Torped] johanc@torped.se
Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:09:31 +0200

At 07:43 2002-10-03 -0400, Honest to Goodness wrote:
>I have Zope 2.5.1 installed on my Mandrake 8.2 system and everything
>works great. I installed the EasyPublisher 1.6 system in my
>/usr/local/Zope directory as instructed and there is now an
>EasyPublisher16 folder in there. But when I restart Zope none of the
>EP16 products are recognized. Nothing appears in the Zope management
>screen.
>
>I notice that the Zope dir has a /lib/python/Products sub-dir and so
>does the EP16 folder. Am I supposed to copy the product dirs into there?
>I don't want to mess things up. The EasyPublisher instructions are all
>written for those installing on Win32. Has anyone else been through
>this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Honest,

The Easy Publisher Personal Edition 1.6  for Unix is based on Zope 2.3.3.
You need to install that Zope version to get Easy Publisher Personal=20
Edition 1.6 working.

If you need a version for Zope 2.5.1 you can always buy the commercial=20
edition of 1.7

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson
Easy Publisher Development Team

PS. The Unix version of EP1.6 doesn't come with Zope, only the Windows=20
version does.

--=20
Torped Strategi och Kommunikation AB
Johan Carlsson