[Zope] Embedding SQL Forms into DTML Methods

Derek Basch dbasch@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:10:44 -0700 (PDT)

Ioan,
The new version seems great. Documentation is done
very well.

Here is where I am still stuck though. It's a long
one.

Under "How To Include" in the help instructions you
give directions for embedding the generated methods
into other DTML Documents/Methods. I have a SQL Form
named 'contacts_manager' in the Contacts folder that I
am calling from a DTML Method in the Contacts folder
like this:

<dtml-var "Contacts.contacts_manager.list(_.None,_)">

So as I understand it, you are passing a None value
and the current namespace to the generated list
method. In this case 'contacts_manager.list'. When I
use <dtml-var> to call the list method I get a
'KeyError:table_cell_spacing' error. I looked at the
list method and found that it is indeed asking for a
'table_cell_spacing' variable at line 18.

I added a <dtml-with "Contacts.contacts_manager.list>
surrounding the <dtml-var> which pushed
table_cell_spacing into the namespace. After I did
this I could view the page with the list method
embedded. So far, So good.

Now, If click on the 'List','Add', or 'Edit'(key
field) links it tries to open:

http://localhost:8080/Test/Contacts/(list,add,edit)

The links should point to:

http://localhost:8080/Test/Contacts/contacts_manager/list,add,edit)

It seems to me that the generated methods are only
configured to be called directly. The generated add,
list, and edit links point to the container of the
DTML Method that they are embedded in. In other words,
the links expect an SQL Form to be their container.

Am I correct? Sorry this is so long, but you asked for
my input :)

Thanks for all the help,
Derek Basch

http://www.zope.org/Members/Ioan/SQLForms/SQLForms.zip/view