[Zope] Export/Import problem (...object broken doesn't...)

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 02:21:15 +0200

Am 06.10.2002, 01:54 Uhr
	schräb sara <sara.ambrogiani@gmx.net>:

> The object broken doesn't support this operation
>
> The error stack ends with:
> path/CopySupport.py line 373 in _verifyObjectPaste
> Copy Error: (see above)
>
> Each time that I import/export from/to the same
> machine I don't experiment any problem, so I don't
> understand why my home Zope thinks that the company
> zexp contains broke object(s).

I don't think that broken objects are being exported but rather your
Zope-installation at home may contain a broken product. Point your
Browser to /Control_Panel/Products/manage_main on your Zope and look for
broken products. If there are any, try to determine if they might be
used in any objects exported from your company's Zope and fix them
(you'll get a traceback stating the cause for the brokeness of the
product if you follow the link for that product).

Broken products in unmodified environments are in my experience most
often caused by dependency problems and incompatible versions.

	Jo.

--
Internetmanufaktur Jo Meder ---------------------- Berlin, Germany
http://www.meder.de/ ------------------- fon: ++49-30-417 17 63 33