[Zope] Does Zope Cache Pages?

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:44:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, beno wrote:

> At 08:46 PM 10/6/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >Isn't your problem a problem of your browser cache?
>
> No. That's what's so frustrating!

Are you using IE? Zope does not cache stuff but IE will even if you turn
off it cache, have it check every time and send commands that it is not to
cache the contents of a page. I have observed this many times when trying
to debug stuff and IE would continue to retrieve an old verion of the
page and when I ran a network analyzer I found out that IE had not even
contacted the server for information. The only work around I have found
for this so far is to close IE, clear its cache, and reboot the computer.

While developing a site I use mozilla and konqueror since I have not seen
them exhibit this behavior.