[Zope] Does Zope Cache Pages?

Richard Jones rjones@ekit-inc.com
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:59:24 +1000

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002 4:43 am, beno wrote:
> At 08:10 PM 10/6/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >You can use Zopes RamCacheManager, the AccleratedHTTPCacheManager
> >or just put Zope behind a web proxy like Apache or Squid.
>
> Err...I've obviously asked the question incorrectly!
> I don't_want_to cache pages, but it appears that Zope automatically does
> so, because it often takes a while for it to recognize the fact that I've
> edited a page. Why is that, and how can I change its behavior?

OK, the answer to your question is no, Zope does not cache pages. All caching
of page rendering is opt-in, using the mechanisms that Andreas mentioned.
That means there something else in your system that's caching the pages - be
it your browser, or an intermediate proxy cache.

<shift>+reload or <ctrl>+reload, depending on your browser, should force a
reload. Internet Explorer is notorious for cache pages regardless of your
cache settings.

   Richard