[Zope] Releasing a database connection automatically

Florian Reiser florian.reiser@ra-bc.de
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:48:38 +0200

Hello,

I'm using VFP7 over ODBC as database backend.

However VFP7 is not only the database backend, but still has a
application running on the same data zope uses. Some functionality which
is built into the VFP7 appliction (like database reorg) requires that
the VFP application gets exclusive access to the data. When I'm running
zope on them, then I first have to stop it and after the action took
place to start it again.

Is it possible to signal zope that it should release the database
connection, so the action could take place? After that, if zope gets the
next request, it would open the database connection again.

Thanx

Florian Reiser

Tel: +49 (0)7351 37 27 57
Fax: +49 (0)7351 37 27 59