[Zope] 2GB is still a limitation

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:54:15 +0200

Extracted from mail archive:

----------
| Odes=EDlatel: Ausum Studio <ausum_studio@hotmail.com>
| According to Python.org, Python binaries starting from 2.2 are meant to
be
| LargeFile enabled for win32. Does it mean Linux binaries don't?
| In any case, as we are already used to large disks,  I'm among those wh=
| think that there's currently no use that Python keeps releasing
| non-LargeFile-enabled installers. Do you know why is this ?

| Odes=EDlatel: Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
| Largefile support is much better.
|=20
| -aj

Of course your operating system MUST support files larger than 2GB. So if
you use RedHat, use kernel-*-enterprise or kernel-*-bigmem

REgards JL.

| Odes=EDlatel: michael.ta=F1ag <almightymike@yahoo.com>
We're using Zope 2.5.1 and Python 2.1.3 on Linux. I was wondering if the
2GB limit of the data.fs file is still  a limitation here.=20
=20
Is there a solution to this 2GB limit? Cause I'm sure that the we're goin=
to reach that limit in a few months time.=20