[Zope] running Yihaw on Zope 2.5.1?

will.sexton@duke.edu will.sexton@duke.edu
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 15:10:34 -0400 (EDT)

I'm new to Zope (and Python) but I'm trying to get up to speed on it.
I'm particularly interested at the moment in evaluating Yihaw, though I've
probably gotten ahead of myself.  Anyway, I am experimenting with Zope
2.5.1 (the most recent stable release) on a Windows XP box, and downloaded
Yihaw and added it. Now, when I try to add a "Yihaw folder" anywhere on
the Zope isntallation, I get the error message + stack trace that I
include below my sig. Apologies if I'm missing something (else) obvious,
but I'm wondering if I'm getting the error because I'm trying to run Yihaw
in Zope 2.5.1 (the Yihaw CHANGES file says it's maintained on 2.2.5), and
if there's anything that I can do to run it in 2.5.1.  We want to look at
the latest version of Zope, but are thinking about Yihaw as a solution for
a particular project.

I tried to find something in this list's archives about this question, but
apologies again if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Will

--
Will Sexton / Metadata Architect * Research and Content Development
Information Technology Services * Perkins Library * Duke University

 Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 150, in
publish_module
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 114, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 159, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: YihawChannel_factory)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 98, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 88, in
mapply
    (Object: YihawChannel_add)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 39, in
call_object
    (Object: YihawChannel_add)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 127, in
__call__
    (Object: YihawChannel_add)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line
473, in __call__
    (Object: YihawChannel_add)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line
61, in render
    (Object: YihawChannel.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
  File C:\PROGRA~1\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
159, in eval
    (Object: YihawChannel.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST))
    (Info: REQUEST)
  File <string>, line 2, in f
NameError: global name 'YihawChannel' is not defined