Second round (Re: [Zope] Session from RAM to FS)

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
14 Oct 2002 13:23:20 -0400

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 13:10, Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> On Monday 14 October 2002 18:51, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > Step by step:
> >
> > - create a Transient Object Container in your Zope root folder named
> >   "iamtoolazytoreadthedocs" ;-)
>
> Umm... I'm not lazy to rtfm! ;-) But I just haven't understood this
> hocus-pokus trick & mystical magic. Did You mean that creating two Transient
> Object Containers with the name "blah" and the name "session_data" will store
> in _different_ storages (first in the FS, other in the RAM)?

There is really no magic here.  ;-) A session data manager stores its
session data in one transient object container, referenced by the
"Transient Object Container Path" in its setup.  If you change this
value in the "default" session data manager (/session_data_manager),
your session data will be stored in the transient object container you
change it to.

The default transient object container (at '/temp_folder/session_data')
stores data in RAM because 'temp_folder" is a mounted RAM-backed
database.  If you place one at '/iamtoolazytoreadthedocs', you are
placing it into the "main" database (which stores stuff into Data.fs),
which is not RAM-based.

This is explained in the docs, as far as I can tell.

- C